brave, indeed


Somewhere in all this craziness I feel like we are living in many different worlds at the same time. Ours has been one of cold and quiet and worry for many days, of having friends and neighbors losing jobs over night, of being concerned about when we can get to a store and how long they will remain open and what will be on the shelves, even though there are folks trying hard to keep them stocked and truck drivers on the roads with not much help still trying to do a really important job, 
we stress about being able to pick up meds and making sure to get some walks.

 In other worlds it is much, much worse, it is horribly scary and makes me think back to a few weeks ago when the main thing that I thought about every day was us getting new leadership for our country. It didn't happen fast enough.

There are also worlds where kids are playing on beaches and people are out buying new cars, it looks like reality is slower to come but it will come. I'm sad for us all but, like most things, I wonder why this is happening now. I have many thoughts about it and lose sleep thinking about it, at the same time very curious to see how it all shakes out ... whether we can learn lessons, make lasting changes, work together and truly care about it all.

You don't have to agree with my thoughts here but for a long time it has been my space to come and share what's on my mind and in my heart ...you live in your world and it might be one of those different ones at the moment.  I really hope the best for all of us and I pray it gets better very soon.
That's all.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing what is a lot on my mind too. I so agree...what will our world look like even a year from now...all back to normal or totally changed. So much to ponder...and I too am having those sleepless nights. One think I hope for...we learn. Something. Sending love...x o x o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or a week from now, things are moving so fast ...much love that to you.
      xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much ... I'm wondering how things are for you and sending love.

      Delete
  3. It is such a strange new world isn't it? I have been working from home - our office is officially 'closed until further notice' as it is in Manhattan. So I've been home for roughly 2.5 weeks now. Both my daughter's schools have moved to online classes - one is a high school, the other a college. Strangely we've settled into this quieter life. We started a family daily walk to get out and get fresh air ... keeping our 'social distancing' of course. I think the hardest part is having no idea how long this will last? And I do hope there are lessons in this, I know there are for me, at least that this quieter life works. I too worry that new leadership did not come fast enough, and that our trajectory for this virus is on a course like Italy's. I can not say enough about the need for this change in our government. But that is for another day. Which I will be at the voting booth with bells on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having no problems with being here, it's the quietest it's been in the five years we've lived here ... we have all we need and can still take walks and still love each other's company but the worry is there and yes, the being really pissed off is there too. Happy to hear from you, to know you are still in my world.

      Delete
  4. Wondering about what things will be like after the "all clear" has been sounded as well. Will we look at each other with even more suspicion and fear? Will we be even more divided and out for ourselves? My hope is that we change our values. That more options for having a sense of community and connection come out of this. More options for how people work and how children learn. That a better infrastructure is created for providing school age children with meals, homeless people with shelter, food shelves with food, and everyone with medical testing and care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe there are reasons for everything and we sure have a lot to learn and get right and this thing is not fooling around ... I know you will keep doing your writing, it is so important, and take good care, too.

      Delete
  5. These are certainly weird but also interesting times. I do appreciate the quiet and slower pace; I love that I can take walks with my husband (who works from home now) at lunchtime; we watch British TV mystery series on TV every night without any guilt; I write more in my journal; I paint... I have learned to use the educator platform of Zoom in order to teach my students online, we will see how that goes, and I can't wait to "see" my students on the screen tomorrow.
    But - I don't understand the hoarding, that grocery shopping has become so tedious, I miss my friends and my lake; I hate seeing businesses closing down and people losing their jobs; and I can't deal with the selfishness of some people.
    I don't have nightmares, I sleep surprisingly well. I try to help my elderly neighbors by doing their shopping etc so that they are not exposed. It helps me, too, doing something for others.
    I'm not even mentioning the "leadership" - if I use that word I am talking about some of our governors who show true leadership.
    Stay healthy, my friend. It will pass - the question is, what then? Will we have learned from this? Somehow I doubt it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your thoughts, feeling closer feels good. I hope we can all stay healthy, I hope it ends soon and I sure hope and pray that we learn to do/be better.
    love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

If you have taken the time to come to windrockstudio and read a post and left a comment please know how very much we appreciate it ... thank you! and please know that I am working on the problem of not being able to respond to each one but haven't solved it yet.