a desert city


We've lived together in many other places besides these Colorado mountains, strange little towns down South and the oldest city on a beautiful beach and in the city next to different mountains, El Paso. We landed there a few different times, enough time for it to grow on us, to get addicted to the food and to be extremely impressed with the people, their gentleness and kindness.



It's not a city for everyone, but I think we would go back in a heartbeat. And our hearts are hurting this morning for what has happened there and how it has become a matter of whose turn it is to be shot up, how it keeps going on and the feeling of anger and helplessness. 


And there's a new normal of having to discuss what to do when this happens while you are in a store, a park, a bar, any kind of gathering and we talked about it again before we went to do shopping this morning, just in case. I know, I don't like it either.

So, I'm very happy to be back here at my blog because it is my blog and I won't be silent about my thoughts and I'm sure they won't please or appeal to everyone. If you want to argue about gun control or sending your thoughts and prayers to the victims or that there is no connection to so much of what is going on and the (non) leadership of this country then you need to find another space to visit, this is not your space. My feelings won't be hurt, I'm sadly aware there are many who think in a much different way but we are strong in how we think and do not waver, we'll wish you peace and continue to embrace the tribe that is right for us.


7 comments:

  1. I'm with you my sister every step of the way. My blog is not for those either. My heart is broken AGAIN during these last 24 hours. I'm sick and tired of thoughts and prayers, especially coming from all those so called Christians in our country that support that sick piece of shit president and the NRA. I'm looking forward to hearing all your thoughts and seeing the amazing art that you both create and share with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree with you more Robin. It astonishes me that people who call themselves Christian support language, politics and leaders who promote violence (no actually encourage and call for it) against their so-called enemies, promote xenophobia and treat our wonderful mix of ethnicity in this country as something to eradicate. This president is nothing short of a fascist.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sick and tired, too, and heartbroken and worried and usually just in a state of disbelief at all that's happening and the way so many are accepting of it all. It seems to help me to have this space, to not censor my feelings here and it really helps to have friends who share their outrage ... love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate being in this holding pattern where I feel we have to wait til we get more sensible, honest, and loving people in Congress and the Presidency. So glad you're letting your heart flow here. We need more love and compassion in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your thoughts, I always appreciate all you share on fb, too. We really do need more love and compassion, more voices, more common sense, more moral and right behavior ... I won't keep quiet even if it means there are some who won't like it because it is making me sick. Glad you are around with your wise out look.

      Delete

If you have taken the time to come to windrockstudio and read a post and left a comment please know how very much we appreciate it ... thank you! and please know that I am working on the problem of not being able to respond to each one but haven't solved it yet.