prayer wings

 

It makes no difference what I'm working on, there is a certain way I go about creating. I never start and finish one item at a time. I like to get as many going as I can with the supplies available so first I measure in my own way then cut, then sew, it just seems to be easier to keep the same tools out to get these jobs done, and after a while I get to start the fun stuff with all different kinds of bits and pieces.

These little folded and stuffed beauties have been on my work table and in my hands for a couple of weeks now during these many emotional times, so much sadness and worry and then some happiness and joy and more bad news and suddenly a glimmer of hope that also comes with more feelings of wondering if we will ever get on the right side of it all. 


So I sat, surrounded by pieces of deerskin, beads of glass, wood, clay, bone & metal, feathers from owl, crow, jay, pheasant and magpie and many years worth of accumulated treasures to play with. As usual, I let everything talk to me, let each bead say where it wanted to be and which feathers it fit best with and when was too much or if there were more that wanted to gather and most important ... when to stop!


I also sat with deep thoughts and sometimes a heavy, troubled heart and so much uncertainty but holding all the items, especially the ones gifted by nature, lent a very soothing rhythm to the days and at the end of each time at the work table I always felt so much better. 


I don't know for sure if these are finished yet and there are a few more waiting their turns but today the sun was just right for taking a few photos so I did and I thought they deserved a name and decided on prayer wings because that's what they are full of ... 

my prayers for peace and calm and health and decency and change.

++++++++++++++++++

10 comments:

  1. Oh...love, love, love. I know how much of your heart and feelings go into these! Yes for peace and calm and health and decency and change. I have a metta that I say during my daily meditations...may we be safe, may we be healthy, may we happy and may we live with ease. ❤️ Do you plan to sell any of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for showing up here, it's been awhile since I've posted. I really did enjoy these little sweet pieces and yes, we hope to sell again one of these days ... in the meantime we just keep making while we have the time and space but it sure is getting crowded!
      Sending all of those lovely words of your metta across the miles to you xoxo

      Delete
  2. You work just like I do, starting many projects at once, letting them speak to me as to what little beauties should be added next. The worry, love, hopefulness and just . . . YOU added to the mix, make these prayer wings irresistible. I sincerely hope we get to meet some day my dear "hippie" friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !!!! These are not only so beautiful but very powerfully energized with your touch . I can almost feel their vibration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susan...these are beautifully stunning. I feel their positive energy and vibrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all. They are "you".
    I like the way you work.
    I love the photos. I adore the name prayer wings.
    One thing that i feel sad, i can't work with you, side by side. It will be amazing, but...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your wonderful words, I tried to reply to each one but there must be some glitches going on here that I need to try to fix. One of my New Year promises is to spend more time here and at all the great blogs of my friends, I know you work hard on your spaces and it is so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these... so much that I think I need one... please let me know when they are available for purchase! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We sure do need peace and healing. I can certainly feel that in these pieces, and want to just hold that soft leather in my hands and touch those feathers. I bet that is quite meditative. These are gentle, lovely pieces Susan. And wishing you a happy birthday with the hope of a new year.

    ReplyDelete

If you have taken the time to come to windrockstudio and read a post and left a comment please know how very much we appreciate it ... thank you! and please know that I am working on the problem of not being able to respond to each one but haven't solved it yet.