lucky girl

 

 

 

 I'm so happy to still have my blog, this space where I've been coming for over a dozen years to write down my thoughts and experiences, hopes and dreams. It's basically for me to be able to remember times and places, to recall how I felt about certain things, not because of a fear of not being able to but because we take in so much just during a day, much less all the accumulated years of this life.

What I want to share this time is that I had a fall last week that I'm still recovering from, I didn't break anything which is amazing when I replay it all because it was pretty hard. It wasn't an old lady fall but one involving uneven pavement where the side of my boot went over the edge and I went down.

If you've ever been unlucky enough to have this happen to you or someone just walking along beside you, you'll know how fast and also, at the same time, how in slow motion it plays out. I knew I was falling and I could tell it would be on my right side as soon as I felt my knee hit and then my whole side, from hip to arm.

And then, as though I could see it, I knew my face was going to be the next thing to hit the sidewalk ... but then, a fraction of an inch away instead of hard pavement I felt unmistakable softness, exactly like two finger tips cushioning my cheek where it could have been crushed. 

And then it was over except for the getting up part with Larry's help and a quick inventory of my parts while being pretty shaky, both of us. Now, I was told very many years ago that I have seven guardian angels and I've never questioned that or wondered why it takes so many, there have been countless times when I'm sure it has taken them all. They've helped me make it a lot longer than I ever thought possible, given how I've lived. 

You either believe or you don't but I know I would not be me if I scoffed or thought otherwise about this and I do know how very thankful I am when one or all of them remind me of their presence on a daily basis. If you've been around here before you know that I tell it like it is in my world and always appreciate those who want to visit.

5 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, Susan, years ago, in my early 20’s, when I was walking to church one Sunday morning on the left side of the street, a car passed me on the right side and stopped ahead to ask me if I wanted a ride (someone I knew from church). Without thinking, I started to dart across the road off my curb and hit what felt like a “soft” wall that threw me backwards to the sidewalk, while at the same time a woman in a car coming towards me yelled “What’s wrong with you!!!” Unbeknownst to me, and because it was a very quiet Sunday morning (no traffic), I wasn’t thinking or even looking for a car in my direction when I started to dart. I should have been hit/killed. Seriously. I was still shaking throughout the entire church service.

    Anyway, this is to say I BELIEVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I'm really glad that your fall didn't result in a break and a prolonged hospital/rehab stay. Second, those falls are still nasty and no wonder you were shaking. I've fallen a couple times and I always found it extremely embarrassing - and I wonder why I felt that way. When it comes to guardian angels, I believe in them, and I also know that they have worked some overtime with me because I did some pretty stupid things throughout my life. Maybe I have moved beyond that "stupid" stage (I'm not that sure about it), but there are still more than enough job opportunities for my guardian angels. Hoping that our guardian angels never get tired of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad you're okay. I completely believe you as I've had unexplained things save me and comfort me in my life. I think of them as angels, too, as I know energy doesn't disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO glad you're okay. I completely believe you as I've had unexplained things save me and comfort me in my life. I think of them as angels, too, as I know energy doesn't disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I totally believe you had one of your guardians looking after you! That fall could've been devastating. I know you'll hurt for a while, but oh...as we know it could've been so much worse. Bob just took a tumble a few weeks ago...he was walking down the steps and just wasn't watching what he was doing...and boom! Thank goodness he wasn't hurt...as it could've been much worse. Sending love and healing thoughts your way!! (This is Robin Marie....)

    ReplyDelete

If you have taken the time to come to windrockstudio and read a post and left a comment please know how very much we appreciate it ... thank you! and please know that I am working on the problem of not being able to respond to each one but haven't solved it yet.